Money for Old Rope
"Money for Old Rope"
Kuttenberg executioner's camp
|Innkeeper (Broken Wheel Inn)|
Innkeeper (Traders' Tavern)
|Recipe for Lazarus potion|
The Joy of Gutting IV
Recipe for Bane potion
- In order to help Hermann, I first had to find out at the Bailiff's what crimes the reprobates had been sentenced to death for. And it turned out they were a fine pack of scoundrels!
- Peter of Dauba is a multiple murderer, but he's also a nobleman.
- Frost Heralt is a beast of a man who enjoys making others suffer.
- Georg Weiss is a cold-blooded, multiple murderer.
- Once I knew the crimes, I could find out the appropriate punishments from the Black Chronicle.
- So far so good. Now I must go to Hermann and ask his advice about how to best sabotage the executions.
- I gave some attention to the executioner's sword and it's certainly far from sharp. Beheading a condemned man with one blow of a sword is the executioner's pride, but with this blunt thing he'd hardly chop the head off a chicken.
- I managed to poison the instruments of torture, so the convict will die quickly and the crowd will be deprived of their entertainment, which won't endear the executioner to them.
- There's a rule that if the executioner fails to kill a condemned man by hanging at the first attempt, he has to let him go. And that would make the Kuttenberg executioner very unpopular. So I switched his rope for an old one that certainly wouldn't bear the weight of a grown man.
- That was something! The Rattay folk will never forget this execution.
- Executioner Hermann was delighted with the outcome of the sabotaged executions, and I was glad I could help him.
- Find out from the Bailiff what the reprobates have been convicted of.
- Find out the appropriate punishments from the Black Chronicle.
- Tell Hermann what you found out.
- Sabotage the executions by the Kuttenberg Executioner.
- (Optional) Go and watch the executions.
- (Optional) Go to Hermann for your reward.
- Correct responses regarding punishments when talking to Executioner Hermann:
- Peter of Dauba - "He's for the chop."
- Georg Weiss - "He'll be hanged."
- Frost Heralt - "He'll be tortured first."