A Man of the Cloth
From Kingdom Come: Deliverance Wiki
"A Man of the Cloth"
|Last villager in Rovna|
Description[edit | edit source]
- The hamlet of Rovna is deserted - that is, but for one sole farmer. The others were either killed by Sigismund's marauders or fled to Rattay. St. James' Church is also abandoned, and until they have spiritual shepherd to reassure them, the surviving villagers won't be returning.
- The last villager left in Rovna advised me how to begin my search. He recalled a certainFather Simon who lived at the St. James presbytery a few years ago. It turned out that Simon had an affair with his housekeeper and she died shortly after. No one has seen Simon in Skalitz since then, although there have been reports he was seen recently in the woods around the area.
- The former Skalitz parish priest has been spotted in the nearby woods, where he's become a hermit. I should try and find him and bring him back to his parish.
- The only lead I have to Father Simon is the family of his deceased housekeeper. I could try asking them if they know anything about Simon's sudden appearance in the woods.
- Father Simon's housekeeper was called Mary. According to her parents, she did more than keep house for the priest and in the end fell pregnant. Tragically, both she and her child died during the birth and Simon took it very hard. He became a recluse and eventually fled. But Mary's mother thinks Simon has returned to the area, because someone has been putting wreaths of comfrey, Mary's favourite flower, on her memorial cross.
- There's no sign of the Parish Priest of St. James since the raid on Skalitz. He's not among the refugees. If I can find him, I can try and persuade him to return to his parish.
- I found Father Simon's hideout upstream from the cross. But to my surprise, the hermit wasn't alone there, and the people with him didn't look very friendly.
- I could see that those two scoundrels who were holding Father Simon captive hadn't the sense they were born with, so it wouldn't be hard to convince them their evil deed would turn against them. I scared the living daylights out of them and rescued Father Simon. He was grateful and promised he'd give up his hermit's life and take over the Parish of St. James.
- The last inhabitant of Rovna was overjoyed that the priest was returning and even offered me a reward. The villagers won't come back overnight, but once word gets round about the priest's return, they'll start trickling back.
Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Find Father Simon.
- (Optional) Talk to the family of Father Simon's housekeeper.
- Go to the cross.
- Look around the area. Simon could well be hiding somewhere nearby.
- Rescue Father Simon.
Rewards[edit | edit source]